Wednesday, April 21, 2010

New Skills Obtained From Service Learning

In completing this project, I have learned some new skills that I will put into use during the rest of my school year and my career. I have learned the skill of patience when working with others that are not as technologically advanced as you. I have also learned that working with others can make you aware of things out of your scope of vision. Service learning helps you put things in perspective and teaches people to use their knowledge to help others.

This project relates to the learning objectives of the course because it taught us how to put the skills we learned in class about professional writing and use them to help others. Service-learning relates to my long term career goals because some service-learning projects are events and I could use my event planning knowledge to volunteer to plan these events for others in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment