Wednesday, January 20, 2010

There are many different principals that guide my life. Covey's first habit, "Be Proactive", is the most important habit. It's about changing the way you look at things, and instead of thinking there is nothing you can do, know there are different options and look at all of them and get it done! Habit five is also something I can relate too. It is "seek first to understand, then to be understood." It's important to understand people and their issues, then after you are clear on what they are trying to say, make sure they understand what you are trying to say. The third habit, "Put First Things First", is the third habit that I think is most important. This habit is important because you want to make sure you get the most important things done first and put things in perspective. I am inspired by people and places, this inspiration challenges me to learn new ideas and different things such as reading, looking at art work, and traveling. In both my personal and professional life, I enjoy helping people and try to do so as much as I can. I strive to be an inspiration to others to learn more and enjoy their life. Traveling is a major part of my life, along with family and love of life and learning. I think the quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm", is a great motivational quote for me. To me, it means have enthusiasm about everything and you never know what you can accomplish.

No comments:

Post a Comment