Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Strategies For Effective and Consistent Language Choices

Strategies I will use to ensure effective communication include the following:
  1. Staying up to date on current events involving the hospitality industry.
  2. Communicating with other special event coordinators to create a better workplace and understand issues that may arise with events.
  3. Read different trade publications, such as BizBash and Convene, to keep up to date on different ideas that other special event coordinators have put into place.
  4. I will use www.theknot.com to discover different trends that are taking place in the wedding industry and to find different vendors in the area I am working.
  5. I will attend conventions and meetings to meet others in my field and to further my education on different areas of the event planning industry.
  6. I will join organizations such as the Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA) and the International Special Events Society (ISES).
  7. I will ask questions when I don't understand something, such as jargon I am not familiar with.

The strategies listed above should help me immensely in my field. Joining professional organizations is not only a great way to meet others in your field, it can be helpful in providing information about different aspects of your job that you may not have been aware of. Reading publications put out about your industry is a great way to get information as well. It's important to be as up to date and accurate as you can in any industry. There are always different trends happening in weddings, such as the current trend to be green, and it's important to know how others did this and how you can incorporate some of your own ideas into this. Asking questions is never a bad idea, it's always better to know than to guess.

Being aware of different trends in your industry and staying on top of new developments and ideas is the best way to get ahead in your job and to make sure you are doing the best job possible. It's better for both you and your clients to stay up to date and imaginative in this job. It's all about creativity.

No comments:

Post a Comment