Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Service Learning

Service learning projects seem to benefit everyone involved. I find it hard to understand why more people wouldn't want to volunteer and help others. As a person who has spent a couple of years volunteering, I know the rewards are great. I started volunteering when I became a member of Alpha Phi Omega, a service-based co-ed fraternity.

The expectations I have for this project are many. It will be wonderful to get back into volunteering, after a short break. I expect to help others and will receive great satisfaction from that. It will be good to give back to the community of Lansing. It will be easy for me to start working with my chosen project because I know someone on the board. This may lead to other volunteering opportunities. This will be good and I hope to motivate others to donate their time and efforts to volunteering opportunities.

I don't have many apprehensions about this project. I will be volunteering at a local soup kitchen and I know one of the persons on the board of directors. I know they need as much help as they can get. Potential problems I can see would be they don't need professional writing as much as they need volunteers to help with the meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment